What is psiloflora?
Psiloflora is a combination of the words psilocybin or psilocinema with PassiFlora incarnata (passion flower). Psiloflora is a mix of psilocybin-containing magic truffles or mushrooms and the passion flower. The psychedelic effects are due to psilocybin and psilocin, while passionflower extends, deepens and brightens the trip with a soothing effect. The slightly MAO inhibitory effect of passion flower also ensures that other psychedelic molecules present in magic truffles can still be absorbed and active, making the experience partly different.
Read more here the healing power of passion flower
What is the extended psiloflora ceremony?
During the extended psiloflora ceremony we use even more consciousness-changing plants to make the experience even more special. The synergy of these flowers/plants has been carefully chosen and we can adjust based on what we deem necessary for you. The complementary ingredients give this trip a euphoric and soothing character, while the psychedelic effects are very visual. The build-up of psychedelic effects is also slow at first, allowing you to get used to the psychedelic state.
The extended psiloflora ceremony consists of several drinking moments during the first two hours of the ceremony. The first tea is soothing and very slightly psychedelic. The last tea is the psilocybin tea and we have supplemented it with vitamins and minerals. The first really good psychedelic effects only occur after two hours and last about 6 to 8 hours, while the peak lasts about 2 hours.
Who is it suitable for?
Due to the extended duration of the psychedelic effects, it is advisable to already have some experience with psychedelics. If you have no experience with psychedelics, you can still participate, but the advice is to take less of the psilocybin tea and, if desired, to take a second psilocybin tea an hour after taking it. If fear plays a major role, it is advisable to start with a low dose or medium dose truffle ceremony.
See below our advice on suitability to participate in the truffle and/or psiloflora ceremonies.
|Length of time (h)
The reasons for participating in an extended psiloflora ceremony vary, with reducing depression, anxiety and burnout being mentioned most often. Other reasons are self-development, spirituality and curiosity. What we do know for sure is that no matter what reason is mentioned in advance, something always happens that gives the trip a therapeutic character.
The extended psiloflora ceremony is a superlative on regular truffle ceremonies and psiloflora ceremonies and offers a deepening effect of psychedelic healing powers.
There are a number of medications, physical and psychological conditions that do not play well with psychedelics or other natural products we use. The contraindications for the extended psiloflora ceremony are more extensive than just the truffle ceremony and are as follows.
These are the physical contraindications:
- Kidney diseases
- Neurological disorders
- High bloodpressure
- Heart and vascular disease
- Brain hemorrhages
- Adrenal gland complaints
- Abnormal blood cells
Below are the mental contraindications:
- Other serious mental illnesses
The next medication should be phased out in consultation with the person prescribing it and is allowed not used one month before the psilohuasca ceremony until 7 days after the ceremony:
- SSRi: citalopram (Cipramil®) – escitalopram (Lexapro®) – fluoxetine (Prozac®) – fluvoxamine (Fevarin®) – paroxetine (Seroxat®) – sertraline (Zoloft®) etc…
- SNRi: Venlafaxine (Efexor) – Duloxetine (Cymbalta) etc…
- TCA: mitriptyline (Tryptizol®) – clomipramine (Anafranil®) – imipramine – nortriptyline (Nortrilen®) etc….
- Benzodiazepines: oxazepam (Seresta), – diazepam (Valium) – alprazolam (Xanax) etc…
The following medications should not be used during the 3 days before and 2 days after taking psilohuasca:
- Anti-asthmatic agents
- Medicines for high blood pressure: (methyldopa, guanethidine, reserpine)
- Opoids (in particular dextromethorphan (found in cough syrup, among other things), tramadol!) morphine and codeine
- Remedies for colds, nasal congestion and cough syrups (if available). dextromethorphan or sympathomimetics contain) (Otrivin® and others)
- Sibutramine (remedy for obesity)
- Sympathomimetics. (amphetamines, cocaine, methylphenidate (Ritalin®, Concerta® and Equasym®), dopamine, adrenaline, norepinephrine, isoproterenol)
Do not take any of the drugs below at least 7 days before the psiloflora ceremony and 3 days after the ceremony:
- Psychedelics such as LSD, MDMA, Ketamine and all other mind altering substances
- Weed or Marijuana
- Ephedra and other strong weight loss agents
- Iboga/Ibogaine (stop taking it a month in advance)
Alcohol is also better avoided during the 7 days before and 3 days after the ceremony. Other types of drugs and addictive substances should also no longer be taken or used.
Nutrition and diet
In the 3 to 2 days after the psiloflora ceremony, you should avoid foods with a high tyramine content. This concerns the following foods:
- Fruit types: No restriction
- Vegetables: No sauerkraut
- Herbs: No licorice, St. John's wort and ginseng.
- Meat: No raw, smoked or cheese-prepared meat and fish.
- Sliced meats: None of the sliced meats are allowed
- Dairy: No cheese, no unpasteurized milk
- Seafood: No trassie
- Notes: No restriction
- Bread: No sourdough bread
- Soy products: No tempeh, soy sauce (ketjap), fish sauce, Tamri and Worcestershire sauce
- Drink: No herbal tea with St. John's wort and/or licorice.
- Alcoholic beverages. No alcoholic drinks.
- Yeast: No Marmite, Tartex, brewer's yeast, bread drink and maggi.
- Ready-made: Any non-fresh meals are not recommended. Even your own leftovers should be cooled quickly and used up within 24 hours.
- Fermented products: None of the fermented products are allowed.
- Candy: No licorice or products containing licorice. Also avoid sugars.
Eat as little processed food as possible and always go for the freshest products. Preparing your own food from fresh products is much healthier in several respects and will contribute to an overall improvement of your (mental) health.
On the day of the ceremony
Do not use 5HTP, valerian or other soothing herbs on the day of the ceremony. Also do not consume caffeine or green tea. On the day of the ceremony you remain fasting and do not eat. Drink water regularly. Don't worry about cravings or hunger. After drinking the psilocybin tea, the hunger will soon disappear.
Where is the psychedelic ceremony?
At home and on location
We are flexible when it comes to location as long as it is in the Netherlands. We can perform our individual and small-scale ceremonies at your home, in a hotel or rented Airbnb, where you choose who participates. In most cases, it is cheaper at your own location, you are in your own familiar place and you do not have to travel after the trip. This can contribute to inner peace during the psychedelic trip.
Psychedelic Loft in Schiedam
You can also use our space in Schiedam which is specially designed for psychedelic sessions for self-composed groups of up to 6 people. The Psychedelic Loft in Schiedam (near Rotterdam) can enhance the experience and is especially useful for groups of 3 people or more. If you use the Psychedelic Loft in Schiedam you can stay overnight.
Read more about this here the Psychedelic Loft in Schiedam
Start the intake
All sessions start with the intake. Based on the intake, advice will be given regarding the dosage and you will receive more information about how you can book a session.